Skales Opens Up About Nigerians Underating Him
During a conversation on the Hip TV show Trending, which is hosted by reality TV personality KimOprah, Skales, the renowned Nigerian musician, revealed that he is being underrated by people even though he is one of the Nigerian artists who gave Afrobeats the recognition it needed.
Skales, who has produced chart-topping hits back to back, shared his struggles and triumphs in a heartfelt conversation.
"I just rediscovered myself from 2020. I’ve been dealing with a lot of low self-esteem," Skales confessed. "Even while I have all the big songs in the world, I still doubt myself. But now, I’m more confident."
"I believe I’m among the set that started taking afrobeats to the world. I was honored and opportune to be part of it. I tell myself I’m the greatest artist out there. This is no disrespect to anybody. It’s just my opinion of myself. I believe that I’m the rave of the moment because where I’m right now musically is inspiring.” He added.
Skales, whose real name is Raoul John Njeng-Njeng, rose to fame with his unique blend of Afrobeat and hip-hop influences. Despite his global success, he battled with self-doubt, a common challenge faced by many in the entertainment industry.
Opening up about his struggles, Skales emphasized the importance of self-acceptance and embracing imperfections. "It's not easy, especially in an industry where you're constantly under scrutiny. But I realized that true confidence comes from within. It's about accepting who you are and being comfortable in your own skin," he said.
Skales highlighted the role of his support system, including friends, family, and fans, in helping him navigate through his journey of self-discovery. "Having people around me who believe in me, even when I doubted myself, made a huge difference. Their encouragement gave me the strength to confront my insecurities and emerge stronger," he added.
The musician also expressed gratitude for the positive changes in his life and career since embracing his newfound confidence. "I’ve been able to explore my creativity in ways I never thought possible. I’m working on music that truly reflects who I am, and I’m excited for the world to hear it," Skales shared, hinting at upcoming projects that showcase his authentic self.
Skales' openness about his struggles and triumphs serves as an inspiration to his fans and aspiring artists worldwide. His story reminds everyone that self-belief and self-acceptance are powerful tools for overcoming challenges and achieving success.
As Skales continues his musical journey with renewed confidence, fans eagerly anticipate the release of his future projects, anticipating the creativity and authenticity he will undoubtedly bring to the stage and the studio.
%20(6).jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment